Monday, November 15, 2010

Making Progress

Welcome to the new blog, folks.  Thanks to those who have followed me here from TheBmoreSoloist to my new home--I will continue to make this blog worth your time.  If you're a new reader, I hope to earn your interest and loyalty.  It felt wrong to continue writing as TheBmoreSoloist since I no longer live in Charm City (the move is what kept me from posting for so long), so I created AndOneForBlog.  

Originally, I'd hoped to continue doing lots of political commentary, but I find myself unable to keep up with the pace and quantity of information needed to create high-quality content on a regular basis.  More importantly, emulating what I read every day is instructive, but far less satisfying than I'd hoped.

I'm going to use my new blog to discuss more books and fewer articles; more historical watersheds and less contemporary political bickering; more political ideologies and fewer political parties.  This blog is a place for me to learn and better understand what I read in the news every day.  I intend to make the process interesting enough for you to follow along.

With a nod to the fact that this blog is a wholly selfish endeavor, I ask that you be more than a reader when you come here.  Send me emails, leave me comments, or respond on your own blog, but please make yourself an active participant in my journey as often as you can.  The things I discuss aren't out of anyone's reach.

Above: The Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More